Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shevchenko : "I Don't Understand Mourinho"

The Ukrainian had a disappointing first season in English football following his £30m move from AC Milan, but he did not leave Stamford Bridge in the summer despite plenty of links surrounding a return to the Serie A giants.

However, the arrival of Claudio Pizarro seems to have pushed Shevchenko down in the pecking order and the one-time prolific goalscorer is quickly becoming the forgotten man at Chelsea.

Shevchenko has been struggling with injury, but the player insists he does not know why he is still being left out and his comments are unlikely to impress manager Jose Mourinho with the pair already appearing to have a strained working relationship.

He said: "I do not know what's happening. I don't know why he doesn't play me. I do not understand him, but I am calm. I will wait for my chance."

No comments: